Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Gospel Hymn

The Lord looked down on me and saw
A rebellious wretched child
‘Tis a woeful sinner here
No beauty here no bride.
Yet He took a spotless robe of white
And wrapped me there within,
He purified the darkest spot
And made me whole again.

Jesus cleanser of my soul
The blood that washes clean,
Find a grateful sinner here
‘Tis all I have to give.
I surrender Him His rightful throne
To wear the lawful crown,
If He ‘dost rule the foe must keep
Underneath His feet.

Jesus let me bear a cross
That I may like Thee be,
And walk the road of suffering
As though I bear a crown.
Blood-stained, rough though it may be
And cause my body wear,
‘Tis my joy to walk with Thee
My privilege and my prize. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading - please feel free to comment! I appreciate your thoughts, encouragement and even differing opinions but please be considerate and respectful in how you express yourself.